szombat, december 13, 2003

BIG XMAS EGO SHOPPING
We did one of the world's most dangerous things, gone with the spare money to the flea market and to a record shop. Don't do it at home, kids, cos i'm a professional. I bought these records for 3000 HUF (11 Euro). In the first phase we visited the flea market at Pecsa. It's like Camden in London, only smaller and isn't so extreme... I'd say in an other way extreme: I bought 3 CDs for 1000 HUF from a right extremist party supporter. Then we left the market and went to Underground Records, a bigger house record store in Budapest. I just wanted to buy some tickets for tonights party, but I couldn't resist to check the sales and I found treasures.


Groove Armada - Superstylin' ***
Jive, august 2001

1. Superstylin' (G.A. 7 Edit)
2. Superstylin' (G.A. Diskotek Mix)
3. Running In (Dub Mix)


A musthave piece. It's one of the biggest electronic hits ever made, everybody loves it, so. The Diskothek Mix isn't so well known, you can play it, without having a bad feeling that you play retro.

Groove Armada - My Friend ****
Jive, november 2001

1. My Friend (Radio Edit )
2. My Friend (Dorfmeister Vs Madrid De Los Austrias Dub )
3. My Friend (Swag's Good Buddy Remix)


A musthave piece nr2, sweet memories about my friends. And the remixes are just huge. Really a good-buy record. The only thing is wrong with this CD, that you can't play it on your PC, so I can't upload it to my musicphone.

Roots Manuva - Dreamy Days ***
Jive, november 2001

1 Dreamy Days (Radio Edit)
2 Dreamy Days (Vocal Mix by MJ Cole)
3 Dreamy Days (Remix by Super Furry Animals)


Dj Shadow feat Roots Manuva: GDMFSOF we love this track, alright? MJ Cole the master of garage and the broken Furry Animals made middleclass remixes, but i think for 1 Euro you wouldn't mind it anyway

Capoeira Twins -Messin' Around *****
tru thoughts, november 2002

Messin’ Around
Messin’ Around (Quantic Remix)


A vinyl for 4 euros. Tru Thoughts name's a guarantee for lovely dance tunes and Quantic's remix's just the cherry on the pie. "I love Capoeira twins always happy, danceable, good rhythms …wicked!" DJ Spider , La Marquise, France. Agree.

Unknown - Born Sloppy ***
white label, ??? 2003

Born Sloppy

This tune is a retouch of Underworld's Born Slippy and Electronauts Bumper (Plump DJs remix). The first time I heard I thought what a nice try in the studio, this DJ is mixing 2 records together, then I had to find out that this is another white label bootleg. I was a bit disappointed, it isn't that good joke to put it on vinyl, you can make it self at home too. But I had to buy this too, cos this vinyl lied on the counter like a failure. Yepp, a 5mm piece of this LP's edge is broken, I can't play this record from the beginning, 6 seconds are missing. But what did Spityu Zusay? Only the freshmen are playing the record from the beginning.