csütörtök, május 29, 2003

mark rae - rae road *****
grand central, 2002

1. Lobster
2. Lavish
3. Make No Mistake
4. Skio
5. Bamburgh Dunes
6. Candystripe
7. Dime Train
8. I Need a Fix
9. I'm Fast and Hot
10. Fold or Flower
11. Sick Chick
12. Throne

what a great vinyl record I do have!!! based on hip-hop downtempo, flavoured with afro beat, dnb, dancehall, funk, r&b and most of all jazzy thoughts... oh my god, why i didn't listen to this record? it's a masterpiece. the same feeling i had with R&C sleepwalking. I had to listen to this more time (firs check it was alright... nothing special) til the songs became my good known friends. same as with a friendship. you have the sympathy at the first sight but the real feelings you get after the third meeting. i bought this one in london and after a month i have to realise the sparkling diamond i've got in my LP-case. i love to love a record like this. tomorrows wurli tracks.